Monday, April 27, 2009

Mascarpone Cupcakes with Strawberry Glaze

I made these for Mister's birthday party a few weeks back, and they went faster than a Friday afternoon. I got the recipe from an episode of our favorite teeny Italian girl, Giada DeLaurentiis... of the "Mmmm! This boiling water is so flavorful in my mouth!" and her high-horse Italian pronunciations. These would be Mass-Car-Poh-Nay cupcakes. Not Mascarpone-rhymes with phone.

The only thing I think I would do differently is that the recipe is made as a mini cupcake... and I made these full size. The mascarpone makes these literally melt in your mouth, and it's hard to do that in a three- bite cupcake. If you do make them into a full cupcake, try filling them truly 2/3 full. Not to the top. The one there on the lower right is one that was over filled.

The strawberry glaze is what totally makes these... but you could easily do a raspberry or even a peachy/mango glaze. Whatever frozen fruit you can find. Strawberry makes a perfect lovely shade of pink though. The don't end up very cakey... they will kind of have a batter taste to them. But in a good way. Again, they totally melt in your mouth. Dang.

For my first contribution, I am going to give these our top rating... 5 Stars, or Ridiculous. Make them now. Go. Do it. You will be the hero of your family, your office, your book club, your baby shower, your Edward Cullen appreciation meeting... etc.

Here's the link --------> Giada's Mascarpone Mini Cupcakes with Strawberry Glaze

2 comments:

Deanna G. said...

The G lovvvvvvves strawberry. And his birthday is next month. But if I say I'll make these, I might jinx myself and end up not making them. I wonder if it would turn out just as well as a cake? lol.

They look fabulous. Love the new blog, love.

ebh said...

I want to lick the screen. Seriously, those look amazing. I can't remember if I like Mass-Car-Poh-Nay, weird, right? Anyway...I would eat every one of those if I could. Then you said raspberry and I nearly fell off my chair.