Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Food Quirk.

I think that I prefer to eat my salad in a circle. I put all the salad components in a circle around the plate or bowl, and then drizzle the dressing on all of it. Then you just stab your fork in each section and you end up with the perfect bite every time. No naked spinach leaves, no drowned orange slices. Do you think it would be too Sally from "When Harry Met Sally" of me to order it like this in a restaurant? I'm kind of that girl when it comes to on the side and all that jazz. Hmmm.... anyway.

This is my pseudo Asian chicken salad... grill up some chicken with house seasoning on it, add mandarin oranges, red bell peppers and spinach. (I usually have a few toasted almonds on there but I forgot this time.) The dressing is just rice wine vinegar, a few shakes of soy sauce, pepper, splenda/sugar and canola oil shaken up in a small Tupperware jar to taste.

Try it!

4 comments:

ebh said...

Heidi, you are killing me...that looks so yummy - and SIMPLE. Going to have to try it. Is the spinach just raw or did you blanch it? It looks soooo green. Sorry if that was a stupid question. I am going to have to try salad in a circle even though I LOVE chopped, mixed salad more than anything... I do like the idea of perfect bites, though.

Oh, I am very much a Sally-on-the-side kind of gal. So, I dare ya to order your next salad out like that...

Heidi Joe said...

Yep, it's just raw baby spinach from the bagged salad section of the store! No blanching.

ebh said...

Thanks, Heidi...I didn't think you would blanch for a salad! Will have to look around to see if I can find some good, fresh spinach!

Sally said...

I thought you were talking about me Heidi when you were talking about Sally! :)

I used to love the Cobb Salad at Marie Callendar's years ago - the ingredients were all lined up separately on top of the lettuce. Then the poops went and started tossing it all together AND even worse, put the dressing on for you. YUCK! Do not dress my salad for me, you food fouler.