Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Top Chef Masters: Week 1

Tonight was the premiere of Top Chef Masters. Who watched? What did you think? Do you want some Macaroni and Cheese like I want some Macaroni and Cheese?

Here are some of my random and (partially) incoherent thoughts.
  • I THINK I FREAKING LOVE THIS SHOW.

  • How genius to take only 4 chefs at a time to compete against each other? This prevents any kind of personality overload, while still giving us the opportunity to get to know each chef. I did not expect these "Masters" to be so personable and funny. Just normal dudes, hanging out, sniffing pork. And with only 4 chefs preparing food, the dishes each got the attention they deserved.

  • So each week they'll be revisiting past Top Chef Quickfires, you say? GENIUS, I say. To see these renowned men practically get all teary eyed because they have to prepare a dessert? For Girl Scouts?! (And knowing that even I could school Michael Schlow in the dessert department is just wicked, by the way.) It doesn't get any better than that. Unless it's...

  • Cooking in someone's real live actual dorm room. Using a hot plate. Rinsing pasta in a shower. Genius.

  • The "critcs?" LOVE them. They're not too salty, not too sweet. Just right. And the scoring system? Have I used the word "genius" yet? Cuz it fits.

Bravo, I'm well on my way to forgiving you for The Fashion Show. I'm still holding a little grudge, but if this show doesn't make up for it, I don't know what could.

2 comments:

Heidi Joe said...

So all I want to know is if BOurdain showed up. Or will he later? Hook a sistah up.

Alison said...

Maybe you'll just have to watch and find out! Okay, no, he didn't show up. But sometime in a future episode Eric Ripert does show up and he's also smokin' hot.