Monday, July 13, 2009

The potstickers have landed.

You know how you see something, like a recipe or a picture or project, that gets stuck in your head and you can't get it out until you actually sit down and do it for yourself? That's what happened to me.

Ever since Ivonne at Cream Puffs in Venice posted this recipe, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. Sure, I like potstickers, but the idea to actually sit down and make them myself had never occurred to me. But the photo haunted me. Until potstickers were the only thing I could think about. So I went to the store.


And I made some dough.

And I pinched some seams.


And I took a bad picture that can't possibly accurately represent the heaven on earth that these are because I was in too much of a hurry to eat.


Heaven.

You can find an excellent recipe with super detailed instructions here (it's also linked at Cream Puffs in Venice). I used ground turkey instead of pork, and because it came in a 1.25 lb. package, I doubled the dough recipe and used the whole filling recipe. It made about 50 potstickers. I cooked off about 12 and froze the rest.

1 comment:

geek details said...

Those look delicious! I love potstickers, I just never make them myself. I think I'll have to make some now too