Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Pie that was made out of INSANITY.


A long time ago, Alison and I were up late chatting on Facebook and probably debating which Depeche Mode album yielded the greatest number of Twilight related songs or something like that when all of a sudden, she sends me the link to a pie she saw on a blog called Alpine Berry. I bookmarked the recipe in the hopes that someday I would make it. A few weeks ago we went to dinner at our dear friend's house, and I made the pie and brought it to them. It was such a hit, that we sent a few pieces home to her mom and dad and brother, who incidentally happen to also be their neighbors, and moments later, the three of them called and via speakerphone in unison declared this pie the best dessert ever.

People, I'm here to tell you that this pie is insane. It's the pie of insanity. If you ever saw the movie Waitress starring Keri Russell, she would make up all these new pies and give them funny names. This is so one of those pies. My friend Lo and I make pie references when asking each other how are days are going... and we say things like "Today, I'm Moody Needing Chocolate Pie with peanut butter graham cracker crust." Or "Today I'm key lime wish it was Friday pie." This is one of those pies.

At any rate... this pie could solve the budget crisis. They should make this pie into currency. They should send this pie to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This pie might even evoke a Hands Across America type of movement. It's that good.

Enough of me yammering on... go make it! Here's the link----> Insanity Pie. Please, please, I beg you... do not use a pre made graham cracker crust. Do the heavy lifting and make one from scratch. It really makes a huge difference. Plus those pans are so dinky, you'll need room in an actual 9 inch pie pan to get the job sufficiently done.

Here is a pic of the inside, too... you know, as if you needed more encouragement.

What are you still doing here?? GO!




3 comments:

Alison said...

You. Are. KILLING. Me.

Alison said...

Oh, AND I just remembered that I got that first link to this recipe from Sally. Curse you, Sally!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I was just checking in and find myself the object of abuse! ;) Holy moly, how did I forget that recipe?! So many cooking blogs, so little brain space. Thanks so much for the reminder of this one - I want to make it ASAP ... like right now.

That looks so good Heidi! Isn't that great when a recipe gets raves?! Makes you feel so good. (I love how you and your friend make up pie names ala The Waitress.)

Hey, that reminds me - have you guys had the anniversary cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory? We had it last weekend and it was really yummy.